Languedoc Links Page - Cathars & Gnostics
- Cathars: http://home.eckerd.edu/~oberhot/cathar.htm
The Albigensian Crusade: People, Coinage, Placesl. Good on site maps and coins. Recommended.
- Cathars: www.cathares.org
Extensive site about the Cathars, and club run by Philippe Contal.
- Cathar Books http://www.btinternet.com/~bookcase/Cathars.htm
A bookshop in the Yorkshire, England specialising in books on the Cathars. Brief reviews.
- A trip to Cathar Country www.art-science.com/Tourism/France/Cathars/
Ken Baldry's trip to Cathar Country in the Langedoc (Lecture tour for History Today magazine) - including index, maps, photos and details of local towns
- Knights Templar Website www.ordotempli.org/
Site of the OSMTH Templars. Includes useful resources such as material on the Cathars, Ancient Cathar Rites, Inquisitor Statements on the Cathars, and a translation of an Inquisitors Manual. (For those interested in the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery, there is also material on the Priory of Sion and the Merovingians)
- The Albigensian Crusades http://xenophongroup.com/montjoie/albigens.htm
An interesting and authoritative site detailing the chronology of the crusades against the Cathars from 1209 to 1255, clearly delineating the phases of the offensive. There is also a good bibliography.
- Kill Them All http://www.lenortancred.com/killthemall.html
A website about a novel about the period of the Albigensian Crusade by Lènor Tancred. The title is reference to the instruction famously given by the Abbot-Comander Arnaud Amoury.
- Chemins Cathares http://www.chemins-cathares.eu/
A site by Yves Maris, who appears to have a solid in-depth knowledge of Catharism in the region. Unfortunately the site in mainly in French, but French speakers will find the site interesting, not least because of details about Cathar conferences and regular meetings at La Bastida Dels Catars at Roquefixade in the Ariège.