Languedoc Links Page - Castles and Medieval Warfare
- Chateau d'Agel:
Exclusive use of a real Cathar Castle for vacations, weddings
and other private functions, and corporate events. Set in the
heart of Frances Minervois region, the chateau nestles at
the foot of the Black Mountains. It is one of a line of castles
fortified by vassals of the Count of Toulouse during the Albigensian
crusade in the 13th century.
- Castles Castles: www.castles-castles.com
Andy Catling's site all about castles.
- Guide to Castles of Europe: guide-to-castles-of-europe.com
Some of Europe's most picturesque, mysterious and notorious castles.
- Paul's Castle: myweb.tiscali.co.uk/castles/
Two accounts of medieval castle sieges from a site dedicated to
the history of the Medway area of Kent, England, featuring photographs
of Rochester castle and cathedral, Dover castle and other sites
of historical interest.
- Medieval Castles & The Dark Ages: www.medieval-castles.org
Castle history, attack and defense, Medieval life and warefare
and a Medieval blog.
- Medieval Castles: http://medievalcastles.stormthecastle.com/
Castles and how they were beieged. Siege machines. Castle floor
plans and defenses. Pictures of Medieval Castles. Famous Castles.
Books. Life in a medieval castle. Articles and essays.